Remembrance Day 2020
Show your poppy with pride this Remembrance Sunday 8th November. Make a sun catcher poppy to remember fallen soldiers with our simple guide.
We would love to share your creations on our social media pages. You can send images and information on who your poppy is dedicated to at [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: 12pm, Tuesday 3 November.
Get started with our handy template
Who will you dedicate your poppy to?
- Someone from your own family history that you already know about
- Someone from your own family history that you can research. Find out more on our family history page
- Search the Doncaster 1914-18 project website (WW1 only) www.doncaster1914-18.org.uk
- Search your address on A Street Near You (WW1 only) https://astreetnearyou.org/
- Find a local cemetery with Commonwealth War Graves to visit. Please research all COVID-19 guidelines for your area https://www.cwgc.org/visit-us/find-cemeteries-memorials/
- Search for local casualties on Commonwealth War Graves database by typing Doncaster or area name in ‘Additional Information’ field on https://www.cwgc.org/find-records/find-war-dead/
- Search for a local war memorial in their area on the Imperial War Museums War Memorials Register https://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials