History, Health and Happiness: Impact Report 2019/20
In April 2018 Heritage Doncaster became an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation (NPO). The NPO funding enables Heritage Doncaster to deliver a strategic programme of outreach work called History, Health and Happiness.
History, Health and Happiness aims to tackle isolation and improve wellbeing in four key areas of Doncaster by using museum collections as the basis for outreach and community engagement activities. We strive to make participants feel more connected to others in their community, and have a greater understanding of and pride in the place they live. The activities are participant led and respond to the needs and interests of the communities in which they take place.
You can read about the impact of our first full year of programming by downloading our Impact Report.
- 94% Learned something new
- 93% Met new people
- 86% Shared their skills knowledge or memories
- 83% Talked to people outside their age group
- 96% Made someone else feel welcome
- 83% Became interested to try other activities in my community
- People have indicated a ~20% increase in optimism about the future
- People have indicated a ~20% increase in feelings of interest in other people
- People have indicated a ~15% increase in interest in new things
From the data we can infer that participants are:
- Experiencing new levels of connectedness and are building their relationships within their community
- Well engaged in project activities and learning things that are new to them