Museum Loans Service
The Museum Loans Service has a rich and varied collection including natural history specimens, social history artefacts, models and artwork.
Resources are used to provide support in the classroom after a museum/education visit; as handling objects for interactive learning; and for display in exhibitions. The loans service is open to all Doncaster Council schools, academies, and independent schools (charges apply).
Change to ordering loans objects
Due to Covid-19 the Museum Loans Service will be operating differently. We will share an update on how to order when we can, but in the meantime please send your enquiry directly to our team.
Take a nostalgic trip into the past through a wide range of stimulating and original resource materials. Suitable for Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Day Centres, and those who work with older and inter-generational groups.
30 themed sets are available to borrow, featuring handling objects, aroma bottles, audio and visual media, clothing and photographs from different decades throughout the 20th century.
Delivery and Collection of Loans
We drop off museum loans at schools and collect them again to save you the hassle. Schools are grouped into different areas and we have set days for delivery and collection within each area. Find out what area your school is in and view delivery and collection dates here.
Reminiscence loan boxes must be collected either from our Bentley store or Doncaster Museum. Please contact us to provide notice before collection.
Conditions of loan
- Items should be checked immediately on receipt
- The borrower is responsible for the care, security and safety of items on point of delivery until they are collected
- Please report loss or damage immediately to the Museum Loans office
- All loss and damage will be charged to the school
- Objects and paintings should not be displayed in direct sunlight or next to a room heater
- Please do not attempt to repair any damaged items as this may damage the item further
- Personal loans must be returned to the loans site on the return date unless prior arrangement has been made for a collection or loan extension
- Personal loans not returned to the loans site on the return date will incur an overdue charge of £10 per day
- Whilst items are on loan it is the responsibility of the loan institution to ensure items are handled appropriately by pupils, teachers and/or members of the public. No responsibility will be taken by Doncaster Council for any physical injury sustained by persons using items from Doncaster Museum Loans Service collection
- Items in your care must not be placed on loan to a secondary institution
- Depending on availability, loan periods can be extended by contacting the Loans Service the day before collection
- Please ensure that all units are in a central area on the collection date
For further information, please email us.